We provide fire alarm periodic testing in Surrey, London and across the South-East for all types of fire alarm system and size of premises.
Regular fire alarm testing is a requirement for all businesses with a fire alarm system. To be legally compliant, your fire alarm system must have a weekly fire alarm test as well as be maintained and serviced by a competent person.
Go to Fire Alarm Servicing
Typically a fire alarm test - where the bell is sounded - is carried out on the same day and at the same time each week, so that the occupants of the premises understand there is no need to evacuate.
If you are responsible for a number of properties it can sometimes be difficult to make sure that periodic fire alarm tests take place at the same time each week, creating confusion for your residents.
That's where we can help. Because our team of engineers is working across London & the South-East every working day, it's easy for us to include your fire alarm tests into their daily rounds. That way we can keep the costs down too.
We're SafeContractor and CHAS approved, and carry ISO9001 and BAFE accreditations, so you can be sure you're in safe hands.
Whether you are managing a single-site or a number of sites, we're sure we can help - just get in touch.
Call our friendly team for a no obligation weekly fire alarm test quote - 0845 845 3001
How we can help
- The whole of London, Surrey & the South-East covered for fire alarm testing
- Single-site or multi-site testing
- Weekly and periodic testing options
- All makes and types of fire alarm
- 24/7 emergency call-out service
- Tailored packages and flexible payment options
You might think think fire alarm testing would always be a part of workplace routine. Yet despite British Standard guidance, and a clear code of practice, insurance experts say weekly fire alarm tests are often overlooked.
At Surrey Fire and Safety we’re all too aware of this problem. Nearly 20 years’ experience across dozens of different businesses tells us that managers don’t deliberately ignore guidelines. It’s just that time is money and customers are always waiting.
Let’s face it, in the real world, fire alarm testing regulations are never going to figure top of your daily schedule – even for the ‘competent person’ you’re required to appoint who is responsible for making sure it does. And even though every premises with an alarm system must have a weekly fire alarm test.
That’s why we provide a test service in which our friendly, fully qualified engineers handle everything: flexibly, according to your schedule, thoroughly, to ensure you’re legally compliant and fuss free, to avoid disruption. In fact your staff probably won’t notice our people are around…until the bell sounds.
If you want to read the full fire alarm testing regulations check out the British Standard code of practice BS 5839-1:2013, available from the Fire Industry Association here:
In the meantime here’s a quick guide to key points in the fire alarm testing regulations – all of which we cover in our weekly fire alarm test service. Remember, this is in addition to fire alarm maintenance or fire alarm servicing.
- If you’re managing multiple sites liaise with staff at each individual premise to arrange a convenient time.
- Test at least one manual call point (same day and time each week but from different alarm locations).
- Use the control panel enabling codes to deactivate alarms and avoid summoning the fire brigade.
- Check for faults in the control panel and follow recommended test patterns.
- Meticulously log the dates and times of all alarm soundings – whether they be genuine, practice, tests or false alarms – and note causes where appropriate
- Where faults are found record the date, time, type of defect, remedial action taken and the senior staff member to whom a report was made.
- Investigate the reason for any disconnections or disablements.
- Flag up any system faults immediately and provide a quote to fix urgently.
It’s not just about your legal duty. By testing equipment regularly you ensure employees are familiar with the sound of the alarms and are reminded of the need for constant vigilance where fire is concerned. Make no mistake, weekly fire alarm testing saves lives.
If you’d like to know more about Surrey Fire and Safety’s weekly fire alarm testing service or the fire alarm testing regulations please give us a call.
Fire Alarm Testing Surrey, London and the South-East