Fire safety training in the workplace is mandatory for all employers, whatever your type of business. Our expert training team provides fire safety training courses across London and the South-East.
By law, there are four types of fire training required by businesses with employees:
1. Fire Safety Awareness for all staff members:
Required for every employee in three main circumstances:
1) when they join the company
2) an annual fire safety awareness refresher course for all employees
3) if anything significantly changes in the way the work premises are organised, such as a building extension or large scale relocation.
Go to - Fire Safety Awareness Courses
2. Fire Marshal Training for fire marshals or fire wardens:
All businesses must appoint and train fire marshals to help with fire duties:
1) Prevention of fire
2) Evacuating buildings in case of fire
3) Basic fire-fighting
4) Working with the fire service
Go to - Fire Marshal Training Courses
4. Fire Safety Manager Training for a 'Responsible Person':
Someone in your organisation must be nominated to be responsible for end to end fire safety, and will need special training such as:
1) Understanding The Regulatory Reform(Fire Safety) Order 2005
2) Using Fire Risk Assessments
3) Managing Fire Marshals
4) Requirements around log books and paperwork
5. Fire Evacuation Drills - how to escape in case of fire:
By law you must carry out a fire evacuation drill of your commercial premises at least once a year, and record results in your fire safety plan.
The drill can be carried out by your 'Responsible Person', however it can help to have at least one professionally organised drill which can spot issues with the evacuation plan and recommend improvements.
Go to - Fire Evacuation Drills
Contact us today on 0845 845 3001 for a fire safety training quote from our expert training team